Computer Class Material
Are you just starting to use a computer? Do you want to improve your Internet, Word, PowerPoint, or Excel skills? Curious about resources for job seekers? The Troy Public Library has a computer class for you. All classes are taught by Technology Department staff, and held in the Library Training Room on the Lower Level. Classes are a combination of discussion and hands-on exercises.
After class, students can receive additional one-on-one help in the Library's Technology Center, on the main level. The Technology Center is open all the hours the Library is open.
To view a calendar of classes or to register, click here.
Click on the link below to view a class description or to access student handouts and teachers' notes.
Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Basics 1 (Introduction to Hardware and Software)
- Computer Basics 2 (Customizing Your Computer, File Management and Navigating the Internet)
Skills to Improve Your Job Search
- Introduction to Online Job Sites
- Using Library Resources In Your Job Search
Mastering Microsoft Office
- Beginning Word 2007
- Intermediate Word 2007
- Beginning Excel 2007
- Intermediate Excel 2007
- Beginning PowerPoint 2007
- Intermediate PowerPoint 2007
These computer classes are made possible through the generous support of the Friends of the Troy Public Library. For more information about the Friends, go to www.friendstpl.org